Thursday, December 30, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
2 11-oz bags of dark chocolate (You can use whatever your heart desires, but I am a dark chocolate junkie)
1 cup peanut butter
48 tiny muffin cup
1. Melt one bag of the chocolate and spoon into the muffin cups. Let set in fridge for about 1 hour.
2. Spoon little dollops of peanut butter on top of each cup.
3. Melt the second bag of chocolate and then cover peanut butter.
4. Set in fridge for another hour
4 11-oz bags of dark chocolate
2 11-oz bags of white chocolate
12 Candy Canes
1 tsp peppermint extract
1.line an 11-by-17-inch baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
2. In the top of a double boiler, melt dark chocolate, stirring constantly.
3. pour into the prepared pan and let set in the fridge for about one hour.
4. With a chef’s knife or meat tenderizer, pound candy canes into 1/4-inch pieces.
5.In the top of a double boiler, melt white chocolate, stirring constantly.
Stir pieces of candy canes and peppermint oil into the melted chocolate.
Remove from heat, and pour quickly(dark chocolate will melt) over the chilled dark chocolate; spread evenly. Chill until firm.
Break into pieces, and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
2. Fall in love with someone new every single day. Crushes are new and exciting.
3. Don't sign up for credit cards or give personal information to anyone who wants it. It's not worth that free t-shirt or king sized Snickers bar they are offering.
4. If your friend dates a boy you hate, stay out of it.
5. Go to all the free lectures and activities they offer, even if you are busy and tired.
6. Throw lots of themed parties: Pink Party, Hair Party, Middle School Party.
7. Don't move home for the summer. You think it is a good idea because you miss it but after two weeks it will just be really depressing. Instead do an internship somewhere fun or get a job in an exotic locale.
8. Take art classes even if you aren't an art major. (This one might be me projecting my own regret.)
9. Don't get your hair done by the local hair school students. It will always end bad.
10. Make cookies every Sunday and take them to friends and cute boys. Do this especially when you get depressed or sad.
11. If you can't get in a class you want because it is full--don't take no for an answer.
12. Join clubs and maybe start one yourself.
13. If you get a job in college don't work too much. They are only paying you minimum wage. In five years you'll make quadruple that and your time in college is precious. Better to spend your time studying or working for free somewhere cool or doing an internship to further your career.
14. Go camping a lot and go on lots of road trips.
15. Find the girls that dress cool, make friends with them and ask them to help dress you. (speaking from experience here)
16. If it rains go dance in it.
17. Don't park illegally even for a minute. College campuses are crawling with meter maids who WILL GET YOU.
18. Get a Vespa.
19. Never schedule a class before 10am. Don't do that to yourself.
20. Watch lots of foreign films and go to lots of concerts even if you don't have the money. That is what college is for.