Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spark...or a lack thereof

Last night I had my first Spark experience.
If you live in the Provo/Orem area and haven't made your way there
I have one question:
What are you waiting for?

As soon as we walked in I was giddy with excitement.
We were no longer in downtown Provo.
No, no, no.
We were in Manhattan, London, Paris.
Provo was just a memory.
With our Shirley Temples ordered from their completely non-alcoholic menu we chatted and giggled.
Mid-giggle the door opened and in walked a very unusual fellow.
He beelined toward us and then quickly changed his path to a settee just in front of our booth.
The waitress brought us three red bubbly glasses bedecked by a cotton candy flourishperfection,
I guess by this point the suspense was too much for him because he tried to saunter to us in a very James Bond kind of way.
I stuffed cotton candy in my mouth to keep myself from laughing.
I can't remember his opening line because I was busying myself with trying to keep my mouth shut.
I'm sure it was something suave.
He asked us what we would recommend.
It was a good thing it was my first time, because I felt I was off the hook from being a part of that conversation.
But then he sat down and turned our Night on the Town into some kind of a job interview.
"Where are you from?"
"What do you like to do?"
"Tell me what is your gwam?" okay, he didn't ask that. but he may as well have.
During the question answer portion of the night he would intermittently say our names is a very robocop manner.
"Sydney*. Annalisa. Uh, Sabrina." note. I was easily forgotten. could it be because I was stuffing my face with cotton candy?

Finally, he decided to bid us Adieu, but not without repeating our names one last time.

I guess from now on I'll actually have to get out of Provo to really get out of Provo.

xo

*Post Edit: I accidentally spelled Sydney's name Sidney. Until she reminded me in the comments section. Such a brat. Oh Limney, you know I love your guts.

4 comments:

jessica renae said...

hehehe, wow, i WISH i could have been there to actually see the hysteria. i want to GO. can we, can we when i'm back in happy valley?? :)

sydney gillman said...

what are you talking about?
you totally loved that dude.
you practically wanted to kiss him right then and there.
it was all we could do to restrain you.


also.
just a small fyi.
it is actually spelled sydney.
i feel like a brat to say this.
but hey. you might want to know.
that's all.

LUKE AND MONICA said...

Wow what a swanky little place filled with swanky sounding people. Haha. Those drinks look amazing!

Jaclyn said...

K I want one of those drinks!!