Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thoughts on Oatmeal and French Pastries


When I was in middle school I read a book about a girl who lived with her grandmother because her mom was in Hollywood chasing a dream.
At one point in the book she bought a ticket to Hollywood to visit her mom.
While she was there she realized that though by birth this woman was technically her mom, she was not in fact her mother.
During this realization she compared her mom to a french pastry and her grandma to oatmeal.
Though a French pastry is enticing, lovely and practically sinful it doesn't hold a candle to the wholesomeness and sustainability that is oatmeal.

I've been thinking about my relationships.
With friends, family, and others.
It's made me wonder do I have French pastry relationships or oatmeal relationships?

I want oatmeal.

xo

2 comments:

natalie johansen said...

:) I love it! and it reminds me of My Best Friend's Wedding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR_zgKsD-28

jello vs. creme brulee.... which one, which one?

Chantel said...

oh good comparison. i want oatmeal relationships too! man, i love all your posts. i just want to copy and paste them all to my blog! i don't of course. you just write good, applicable things!