Monday, August 9, 2010

Back-to-school supplies


On Thursday I went to Target to pick up a few things for an impromptu Moab trip.
I was walking past the greeting card section when something caught my eye.
Just the next aisle over back-to-school supplies beckoned me from the shelves.
Backpacks, markers, pencil boxes, lunch pails, book covers, notebooks as far as the aisle extended.
A mixture of giddiness and impulsiveness crept over me.
Back-to-school means Fall.
I stood between the camping supplies and the school supplies toying with the idea of walking out of Target with a bag full of new school supplies, instead of a bag for sleeping.
Luckily, a force more powerful than the draw of scented markers reminded me that buying school supplies would mean a very cold camping trip.
Needless to say, I'll be back August 31st for the Little Mermaid lunch pail.

xo

No comments: