Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sometimes....


I wonder why I'm in Provo.
I wish I was two inches taller.
I pretend like my middle is spelled "Danielle" and not "Daniele".
I want to pack up my belongings and move to the beach.
I wonder how much longer I'll have to be patient for this shows how little patience I have.
I just need a hug.
I swear.
I say I'm going to eat one cookie, and then I multiply it by 6.
I forget how blessed I am.
I miss my mom and dad so much I think about hopping in my car and driving home.
I'm selfish.
I sing really loud and off key.
I wish I could take away pain from the people I love.
I break my promises.
I do really stupid things like burn my knee on my curling iron.
I cry for people I don't really even know.
I dream too much.
I want Ace to come home already.
I procrastinate.
I wish I could play an instrument and not make people's ears bleed.
I miss my sisters so much it hurts.
Sometimes I laugh and can't explain why.


And every now and then I remember that I am a child of God, which is more than enough to make up for what I myself am not.

xo

5 comments:

Stan Perkins said...

We wish, you did jump in the car and came home,so we can give the hug that that you need, as much us we need one.
Love you so much!!!

LUKE AND MONICA said...

Smeena,

We miss you too and Carlos will be home sooner then you think. You are amazing and I wish I was half the wonderful woman you are! I look up to you so much even though you are my little sister!

Love you!

Mary Dawn said...

i miss you darling. this post is fantastic. your writing never ceases to amaze me. and i hope you're happy. i couldn't agree more with the last couple sentences of the post :) let's play soonl.

Chantel said...

i can definitely relate to a lot of these! it must be the essence of being a girl. i wonder what it would be like to be a boy for a day. probably not as much fun since they can't cover up their zits or do cute hairstyles. keep smiling! :)

natalie johansen said...

how beautifully written is this! and so sweet and lovely and i {heart} you. oh, and thank you for sympathizing with my plight :)