Saturday, November 27, 2010

Memory Box

disregard the fact that I look horrible in this picture

I've been home for the past few days.
It's been so very good for me.
My heart needed a place to begin to repair itself.
I've been feeling weathered and worn.
Now I feel slightly less so.

Today I was reorganizing my old room in my parent's house.
I came across letters, yearbooks, notebooks, English papers, trinkets, jewelry, and all kinds of lovely little pieces of me.
Part of me felt strange.
Like I was going through someone else's memories.
And then I found a silly short story that Ace and I wrote together so many years ago...
And I remembered who I was.

Remembering who I had been before life got hard and big decisions had to be made, made me want to sit there and hold that paper so tightly.
I'm not sure why.
Other than that maybe for a second I needed to remind myself that though I've come a long way I still have miles to go.

xo



1 comment:

natalie johansen said...

home always helps me to be centered and remember who i am. i'm glad you're feeling better :) have a safe drive tomorrow!