Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Chocoholic


In the past month I haven't had a moment to even sit down unless it was to work on homework, or anything work related.
I came home about a week ago and even since I've been home I haven't had very much "down" time.
Yesterday I had this insanely wonderful idea.
I decided that I wanted to be the official Christmas Candy maker.
I began the process of melting my body weight in chocolate.
I made some homemade peanut butter cups which turned out lovely in a very vernacular kind of way, so I decided to try my hand at Peppermint Bark.
Then I realized I needed more chocolate.
I headed off to the grocery store because by this point I had become a crazed chocoholic and I needed more.
When I was walking into the store I wasn't really paying attention because my brain was buzzing with chocolate ideas and suddenly my life was flashing before my eyes because I walked through a bathtub of a puddle in the entrance of the store.
I'm sure if I had been paying attention I wouldn't have made half as much of a fool of myself.
But alas, it was not so.
I simply skated through the puddle as if I meant to do it.
Trust me, I didn't.
And then I proceeded to laugh the entire time I was in the store.

I blame the chocolate.

xo

P.s. For your chocolate fix I've added both the Peppermint Bark and Peanut Butter Cup recipes

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

2 11-oz bags of dark chocolate (You can use whatever your heart desires, but I am a dark chocolate junkie)

1 cup peanut butter

48 tiny muffin cup

1. Melt one bag of the chocolate and spoon into the muffin cups. Let set in fridge for about 1 hour.

2. Spoon little dollops of peanut butter on top of each cup.

3. Melt the second bag of chocolate and then cover peanut butter.

4. Set in fridge for another hour

5. Enjoy!


Peppermint Bark

4 11-oz bags of dark chocolate

2 11-oz bags of white chocolate

12 Candy Canes

1 tsp peppermint extract

1.line an 11-by-17-inch baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.

2. In the top of a double boiler, melt dark chocolate, stirring constantly.

3. pour into the prepared pan and let set in the fridge for about one hour.

4. With a chef’s knife or meat tenderizer, pound candy canes into 1/4-inch pieces.

5.In the top of a double boiler, melt white chocolate, stirring constantly.

Stir pieces of candy canes and peppermint oil into the melted chocolate.

Remove from heat, and pour quickly(dark chocolate will melt) over the chilled dark chocolate; spread evenly. Chill until firm.

Break into pieces, and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.


1 comment:

Jenni Boyle said...

Aren't the holidays great! p.s. I love your blog.