Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh, David, you slay me.


On Mondays and Wednesday I have Intro to Interiors from 8 am until 9:15 am.
At 9:30 I have History of Design and Architecture.
Both classes are taught by the same Professor.
My professor is completely brilliant and about as chipper as a Professor Snape from Harry Potter.
He has a talent for talking in a monotone voice while he spits off facts about design and all of the while remains unconcerned about the comatose students on the front row.
That's why when he has a moment like he had today I feel the need to document it....for his legacy.

We've been studying English Barque design and today we started Early Georgian.
Early Georgian is the first time in the history of design when furniture pieces are named after the designer and not the monarch.
Today Dr. T introduced the most influential English Furniture designer during the Early Georgian Era.
"It is Thomas (pause) Chippendale. Not. Chip and Dale. And not the Strippers."
Of course I was the only one who laughed out loud.
A mark of my maturity.

xo
P.s. I really love Dr. T's class and not just because he says racy things. But mostly because of that.

2 comments:

natalie johansen said...

sometimes, at byu, racy things in class are a refreshing delight. i know how you feel. tqm!

jessica renae said...

hehe, oh crazy professors. sometimes, they make my day...and sometimes they come pretty close to ruining it :)
he sounds like a winner!