Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pardon Me.


When I started blogging my intent was to give myself a corner of the world to air out my thoughts.
Initially, this worked well.
Until worry and concern crept into my mind.
As humans, we try to do everything in our power to make ourselves less vulnerable.
But living with worry always makes me tired and eventually my proverbial legs give out and I decide to let myself be human.
Not necessarily vulnerable, but human.
This takes faith.
Leaps of it.
Even buckets of it.

Somewhere between elementary and middle school I stopped trusting in my ability to be me.
I was recently told that my natural air-dried curl made me more human.
I want to implement more me into me.
Does that make sense?
I'm striving to be the person my Father in Heaven intended for me to be.
Not the person I wish I could be. Or think I should be.
But me.
Just me.

xo

3 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

well. i'm pretty sure i've had a few glimpses of the real you. and it's amazing and fantastic and a million other awesome adjectives. so. do it. :) i love you.

Sarah Harward said...

Let's see that pretty air-dryed curl!! My hair turned curly with my thrid baby (but more like frizzy/wavey) and I LOVE it! I never could figure out why someone wouldn't want curly hair. I LOVE it! So, in my humble opinion, show off why you've got!

Stan Perkins said...

I have to agree with Mary Dawn you are amazing in so many ways and as far I know you have always been you, you have never been a pretender and as far as your hair goes I always loved it curly since you were a baby,so as Sara says show it off love you fooor eveeeer!!!.Mom