Friday, July 9, 2010

Musings on Driver's Licenses and Wiggle Cars

Something catastrophic happened a couple of weeks ago.
I got a small letter from the Department of Public Safety.
A reminder that I need to renew my license soon.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. This can't be right. I'm not that old. Not yet."
I checked my license.
Sure enough it confirmed that I am indeed that old.

I remember being 15 years-old and feeling like my 16th birthday was centuries away.
And then it came and I thought "No. I'm not that old."
My license confirmed that I was certainly that old.

This morning Fia tapped on my shoulder while I checked my email.
"Mina, bike?"
We put on our shoes and went outside to ride the wiggle car.
Before she would sit on the wiggle car she insisted that I sit down first and then she sat down.
The two of us wiggle car-ed around my parents front yard.
Half-way around the yard I realized my neighbors across the street were watching as well as some workers next door.
According to Fia I'm not too old to ride a wiggle car.
Though I'm sure the neighbors and workers thought otherwise.
***
Happy Weekend!

xo

2 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

well. you ARE pretty old. but yeah. not THAT old, don't worry. :) I didn't get to meet fia! and I didn't see you at zumba on sat morning. and i definitely got up on the stage haha! but. I miss you already. And was glad to read about your fantastic weekend :)

Chantel said...

whoa that wiggle car is cool! I've never seen such a thing! I want one!!