Thursday, July 8, 2010

Excusez-moi?


Last week I was in Banana Republic with my Mom.
While my mom was in the dressing room I heard this convo:

Harried Costumer: I need shorts. Not too short but not too long. With like, a trouser look.
Salesgirl: (to harried costumer) Um, yeah. I don't think you'll be able to find anything like that here. You should try...Old Navy.

They briefly abandon the debacle of the not-too-short-not-too-long-trouser-short as a
mother- to- be fingers a set of brassy bracelets.

Harried Costumer: (to mother-to-be) When are you due?
Mother-to-be: Two months.
Salesgirl: No way!
Mother-to-be: (laughs casually, probably because she expected something other than what the salesgirl said next to come out of her mouth)
Salesgirl: You look like you're about to pop! I mean you're HUGE!

Awkward silence.

Harried Costumer: I already tried Old Navy they didn't have anything.

The two things I learned from this experience.
1) You can't find anything in Banana Republic if you ask a salesperson.
2) If you're pregnant you better avoid the place like the plague.

xo

2 comments:

the mrs. said...

hahah. this is awesome. and i'm in love with the blog by the way :)

Krista Smith said...

hey! you're cool!
hi.
lets be blog friends.
how is provo?
you're funny.
hello.