Monday, July 26, 2010

A Book.

Marie: I'm looking for a book... something that can help me deal with what might be an awkward situation. Something funny might be nice, but not necessarily big, 'ha, ha, ha,' 'laugh, laugh, laugh' funny, and certainly not make-fun-of-other-people funny but rather something human-funny. And, uh, if it could uh, sneak up on you, surprise you, and at the same time make you think that what you thought wasn't only right, in a wrong kind of way, but when you're wrong, there's a certain rightness in your wrongness... Well, what I mean is, more importantly, I'm looking to be swept up! And at the same time, not.
Dan: Well, you rarely find all that in one book.


What would you suggest?
xo

p.s. I love Dan in Real Life. If you haven't seen it you need to.

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, hint, hint. Love you to pieces

Krista Smith said...

i suggest "the curious incident of the dog in the night time." it is human and real and like nothing i've read before. i also recommend "the message" but that's not funny. but it is amazing i assure you. and will change your life, most likely. if you're into those sort of things. love you. p.s. i saw your parentals and monica at my wurk. and monica told me her secret. and you are great. okay. i'm done.