Friday, January 8, 2010

Week One


This was my very first official week in Provo. Here's what I learned:
-a brand new blue towel makes for a blue Sabrina
-how to break into my apartment. It's pretty easy. Maybe I should consider a life of crime?
-there is such a thing as too many layers
-boys at church are really, really, really friendly. The amount of time they've been home from a mission=how desperate they are.
-blue skies and white snowy mountains make for a lovely morning
-creepy people work out at Gold's Gym
-creepy people walk behind you on your way home from school
-ice is slippery. I mean it.
-losing your keys is a lot like losing your identity
-a dead phone battery=a dead social life
-washing a new blue towel with your clothes is a really bad idea. Unless you want to look like you have Smurf blood all over you.
-soup is sometimes a bad idea
-if you smile at people on campus they think you want them
-Mac & Cheese can be a gourmet meal
-bookstore lines on the first day of school are like lines at Disneyland
-an apple can change your mood
-flannel sheets and a down comforter make for the best sleep ever
-expecting a miracle is the most realistic thing you can do

It's been a week of ups and downs. Mostly a crash course in learning to grow. I can't believe that I'm actually here. Hooray! for surviving week one!

7 comments:

natalie johansen said...

you have had quite the eventful week! no worries, I'm pretty sure that things will just get better from here :)I'm really glad that you are here!!

LUKE AND MONICA said...

You are so funny Sabrina! I am glad that you are learning some of life's most important lessons...like how to become a smurfette. Haha! I love you!

Jaclyn said...

I didn't know you wanted to be a lovely smurfette! How excititng. true, true about super friends boys at church. when it is slippery just act like you are ice skating. at least you don't have to worry about someone stealing your under garments, one of the lessons that I had to learn at school....

tifsong said...

well done beautiful girl!
ptown will soon enough be the town for you! :)

spenceandcass said...

Hey! So you decided to move to the snowy part of the state eh? Good luck with school.

Stan Perkins said...

Are you sure it was the towel that made you blue? Or were you just missing mommy and daddy and rubiegirl.? We love you

Cammie said...

You are great! I had to laugh at the creepy people work out at Golds Gym. I went to the 9th East Golds a grand total of 1 time because the the extreme creepy-ness. There's something wrong with being hit on while wearing an old grungy t-shirt, pants, reading a book and obviously not interested in chatting with you, nasty dude.
Good luck with the adjustment to Provo. It really is like its own little world.