Thursday, January 21, 2010

The 5 Love Languages


If you were wondering my favorite class in the universe is Strengthening Marriage and Family. Why? You might ask. Because it's wonderful! Oh and useful to boot! But that is not the purpose of this post. No, no this post is about something I learned today.  The 5 Love Languages. And here they are:

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Quality Time
3. Receiving Gifts (promoting gold-digging?)
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch

My professor, Dr. Hill, gave us a quiz that determined our love language (remember Iflurtz?) Apparently, I speak the love language of Physical Touch, but Quality Time and Acts of Service ran a close second.  My friend Jessi who is in the class with me was shocked to learn I scored high in Physical Touch. (I think she secretly thought I would score highest for Receiving Gifts). I guess I seem as cuddly as a cactus and as conniving as a mafioso. 

Aside from needing to reevaluate how I am perceived by others....my problem now is now I want to ask everyone what their love language is...but that is creepy and weird. Also, probably socially unexceptable.  But I am at the Y..... so maybe I could say it's for research?

p.s. I hope you enjoyed the Gold Mining book...I'm sure it would offer excellent tips on being a literal and figurative Gold digger
p.p.s. The Five Languages of Love was written by Gary Chapman also www.5lovelanguages.com

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I too was VERY intrigued to find others' love languages.
Sadly for others (good for me), my #1 love language is gifts! no joke.. and touch. now, let's guess what Monica's love language is!

jessica renae said...

haha, sabrina you are cuddly - not a cactus! also, i don't think that asking people in this town what their love language is would be that shocking... it would probably just be perceived as a pick-up line. i wouldn't doubt it's been used before.... yuck.
i love you :) and your love language ;)

natalie johansen said...

I want to take the test! Let's do it!

Jill said...

Hey I just came across your blog and I love the Love Languages! Cute blog!!