Monday, March 15, 2010

You Are What You Read

Recently I read this article about a serial rapist in the midwest.
I know stupid, stupid, stupid. Especially if you know me.
I take these things and internalize them.
I knew it was a bad idea, but I couldn't stop reading it.
Even more so I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Especially because he got off with something like 200 hours of community service. Another rant for another day.

Saturday it snowed in Provo.
SNOW! in March.
I decided to go down to my friends, the Johansen's, to do some snowy day yoga. Blissful!
I changed into my yoga pants, pulled on a sweater and walked through my always dim light hallway. I opened the front door and then I let out a blood curdling scream.
I'm sure my neighbors thought I had been assaulted.
And there, with eyes as big as saucers, was my roommates ex-boyfriend. And next to him with equally large and saucery eyes was my roommate.
I felt like a complete moron.
They kept asking if I was ok...the only problem was I having a fit of hysteria
and laughing so hard that the only thing I could do was nod my head.
I walked out the door and past them. I could feel their eyes follow me as I sobbed and walked down the stairs to 205.

Needless to say yoga was much needed.
xo

4 comments:

Chantel said...

that would be scary after reading a book like that! after hearing a bunch of ted bundy stories, i get scared like that too!

Stan Perkins said...

the good thing about reading something like that is it keeps us on our toes, the bad, it kills a little more our trust in each other. Just remember that the "light" will lead. Love Dad

LUKE AND MONICA said...

You probably scared them as bad as they scared you. Love ya...see ya in a couple days!

jessica renae said...

sabrina, let's keep up the yoga :) that way maybe neither of us will be screaming at our roommates at the end of the semester... or their x-boyfriends :)