Friday, March 5, 2010

I {heart} Chile.

Last night I went to a charity event for the people of Chile.
I'm half Chilean.
I found myself tearing up as I viewed images and heard stories of the events during and after the earthquake.
I fell in love with these people of whom I have no connection to.
It made me want to do something to make it all better.
I realized I can't rebuild houses or even lives.
But I can pray.
I don't ask for favors from you, but if I did,
I would ask you to
please, please, please pray for Chile.

xo
P.s. Have a lovely Weekend!

2 comments:

Chantel said...

that movie is so poignant. things like this really make you think outside of yourself and your own life. it's just heartbreaking.

Sandra Perkins said...

Honey,this was a beautiful reminder of where I'm from, and you do have a connection thru me,it is sad to see such a beautiful country which I love in such a terrible situation and to see the suffering of our people there makes me sad, but also so thankful for our life here.
I love the way you put things together on this site.
Love you tons, and miss you so much.
Mom