Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's In a Name?


For 2 semesters at Dixie I had Spanish and institute with this kid named Danny.
But for some reason I always called him Jeff.
"Hey Jeff!"
"My name is Danny."
"Yep. And when I called you Jeff I totally meant Danny."

I think he thought I was trying to be funny, or cute.
But I wasn't. I was suffering from acute name amnesia.
So for a while I tried another approach.
"Hihowsitgoin?"
I tried saying it fast enough that he wouldn't notice I couldn't remember his name.
"My name is Danny."
"Right, Jeff."

Eventually I gave up altogether.
I would just wave silently when I saw him.
And I know he secretly wanted to yell across campus
"My. Name. Is. Danny!"

Where ever you are Danny, I'm sorry. I really wish after two semesters of being in the same classes I could have mastered your name. However, you will always be Jeff to me.

xo



1 comment:

LUKE AND MONICA said...

I'm sure he is still cursing you to this day! Haha...You are hilarious...Love ya!