Monday, February 8, 2010

Langston

(he's such a speedy little guy, which makes it impossible to get a decent picture)

Last week was Iker's 22nd birthday. (If you don't know Iker go here
Naturally, it was my quest to find him an awesomely cool present.
I racked my brain until finally Voila! I had it. 

"A goldfish in a vase."
"You're going to get him a goldfish for his 22nd birthday?" My mom didn't seem amused.
"I'm not going to get him a goldfish. I already did."
"Ok." My mom seemed apprehensive. Like she was questioning my sanity.

When Iker showed up to claim his fish in a vase, I had him close his eyes until he was directly in front of the fishy vase. When he opened his eyes I knew it was love at first sight. The little goldie swam back and forth and then directly to where Iker was. 

"Look! He knows I'm his dad!"

After the adventure of a lifetime we got the little goldie safely to Iker's apartment. When I walked into my apartment later that night I was slightly sad to have the little bugger gone. I texted Iker to tell the fishy I missed him. 

Iker and I have gone a little fish crazy. We used to sit and talk about movies and books. Now we talk about Langston. Our conversations go something like this:

"How's the fishy?"
"He's doing okay. Yesterday he seemed lethargic so I changed his water and put his bowl near the window."
"Hmm, if this continues you should put a pea in his water. I read somewhere that peas help goldies."

Now I'm questioning both of our sanity. 

Je t'amie, little Langston.

xo

1 comment:

Rob said...

Langston just reminded me he was teaching you Italian, not French. So, I'm supposed to relay this message:

"Ri, ti penso sempre."

Yeah, he's quite the romantic.