Monday, January 14, 2013

We heart attacked some members in our ward to lift our spirits and Grossenbach got me right on the forehead:)

Subject: Heat Wave
We are experiencing an early spring here in Quebec. It's really bizarre but for the last week it's been in the uppers. I'm so happy!!! But also scared because I feel like this means that we're in for it next week. Hopefully not. I really don't miss the blizzards. 

So we got our transfer calls on Saturday and I'm STAYING in Quebec with Sister Limburg and we're training!!! We're pretty excited to get a little greenie baby. Good times ahead. Sadly, Sister Grossenbach is leaving us for the big wide world of Montreal. Booo!

In all honesty on paper last week was not such a good one. We got dropped by nearly every single investigator we had. However, there is always a silver lining to every dark cloud...we had a lesson with our investigator Johnathan, who we hadn't seen in about three weeks. He had been working back to back shifts all holiday season long and so we weren't able to make any appointments. So we asked him how his reading is going and he said, "Well, I wasn't able to read very much in the last couple of weeks. But I read about this guy named Abinadi and he teaches these people about the 10 commandments." We looked at each other like "WHAAAT?" So much for not reading very much. Yeah he read a meager 200 pages. It was pretty amazing!

Lately I feel like I've had the attention span of a hyperactive gerbil, so I've been reading old conference Ensigns to help. And today I read this really good talk from Sister Dalton from an old young women's conference. She told a story about the son of Louis XVI "As a young man, he was kidnapped by evil men who had dethroned his father, the king. These men knew that if they could destroy him morally, he would not be heir to the throne. For six months they subjected him to every vile thing life had to offer, and yet he never yielded under pressure. This puzzled his captors, and after doing everything they could think of, they asked him why he had such great moral strength. His reply was simple. He said, “I cannot do what you ask, for I was born to be a king.”  Like the king’s son, each of you has inherited a royal birthright. Each of you has a divine heritage. “You are literally the royal daughters of our Father in Heaven.”  Each of you was born to be a queen." 

I can't imagine how different our lives would be be if we could remember the importance we hold. We are children of the most powerful and important being in the Universe. We should not let ourselves be deceived by the adversary. You are important. The child of a King. 

I pray that you have a beautiful week! Stay safe and warm! Remember to be loyal to the royal within you! I love you!!!

Bisous Bisous 
Soeur Perkins

No comments: