Monday, January 7, 2013

 Sista Sabrina
 Sista Sabrina and the famous "Sister Lucy of Quebec"
Bonjour!

Oh what a glorious year it has been thus far:) I feel like the theme for this year is: crazy. So much craziness has ensued and will continue as the year continues on. But I'm so happy to be alive! I love beginnings:)So this week was funny and whacky, and as usual packed with things that are so incredibly hard, but we do it and even better with a smile. My life since the first day I arrived and since I've been here has been like unto a sitcom. I love it.

This week we visited the famous Lucy of Quebec. I really love her! She is a small package bursting with enough personality to make you wonder if she isn't the youngest 84 year old you've ever met. A few weeks ago I showed her pictures of the whole Perkins clan and I am yet to see a person who was quiet so mesmerized. She hasn't stopped talking about it. So this week she told me that she has been telling everyone she knows that she "has seen the most beautiful woman in the world." Sandra Perkins. She even told me that my father should have her painted so she can hang next to the Mona Lisa. She talked about this for a good ten minutes. I noticed that she had an "I'm cooking with George Strait" apron so I asked her if I could take a picture with her to show my daddy. She jumped out of her chair and said, "Today?! You mean that beautiful mother of yours will see this picture. Let me go put on some lipstick." So there you have it, mama your biggest fan:) 

This last week we also had a lesson with Guy. We're still not sure if he isn't a member who is just pulling our leg. Sister L and I were on splits with Sister Cantu and we had planned on teaching the Law of Chastity but last minute changes and we ended up deciding to teach Fasting since it was the first Sunday of the month. So, we start the lesson and Guy is quite disappointed because he's prepared notes from conference talks and stuff to help us better understand the Law of Chastity. So we continue with fasting and he says, "I usually fast for 36  hours, but I can fast once a month for just 2 meals." Oh gee, thanks. This man is for reals. He taught our Gospel Principles class (well basically) last week about exaltation. Oh did I mention he's only been being taught for 2 months!?  We can wait to find out what he's going to teach us this week. 

Last night we were driving to a dinner appointment and guess what????? Sister L went bonkers. Okay not really, but we thought she had. We were pulling into the parking lot by the members apartment and all of the sudden in panicked tones Sister L says, "Stop the car!!! LET ME OUT!!! I KNOW that lady!!!" And so Sister G and I look at each other like "Okie dokie, crazy pants." So she jumps out of the car and starts running after this poor little African lady, So then I jump out of the car and start chasing her while Sister G parks the car. Once I've almost caught up to her she turns around and starts walking back towards me and says, "Ooops! I guess I don't know her." I was laughing so hard because she looked like such a crazy person waving her arms and yelling at this poor lady. This is why people think Mormons are weird. 

Even though I've read this talk I don't know 27896 times I decided to read President Uchtdorf's talk "Your Happily Ever After" again this morning and as always  I found something that really stood out to me. This morning it was this:
"We all search for happiness, and we all try to find our own “happily ever after.” The truth is, God knows how to get there! And He has created a map for you; He knows the way. He is your beloved Heavenly Father, who seeks your good, your happiness. He desires with all the love of a perfect and pure Father that you reach your supernal destination. The map is available to all. It gives explicit directions of what to do and where to go to everyone who is striving to come unto Christ and “stand as [a witness] of God at all times and in all things, and in all places.”  All you have to do is trust your Heavenly Father. Trust Him enough to follow His plan."
I know this is true. I've seen work in my own life. I know our Father has a plan and even better I know it can bring us that Happily Ever After that we all search for every day. It's us that makes it complicated, but if we really stopped and listened we would understand how really simple it is.

I hope you have a great week! I truly love you and think you are amazing! Be strong and of good courage! 

All my love!

Bisous Bisous
Sister Perkins


No comments: