Monday, December 17, 2012

 Merry Christmas from Quebec!
Sister Grossenbach, Sister Sabrina Perkins & Sister Limburg 


I can`t believe Christmas is upon us again. How does this happen? Life just marches on at a somewhat alarming rate. But it is oh so good. So I won`t email again until next Thursday, so I wanted to make sure to wish you all a beautiful bright and merry Christmas. We will be spending our time sleeping in, talking to family, and enjoying the beauty of Quebec. Not too shabby, but I`m really happy to know next Christmas I`ll be with you again:) 

This week has been supercharged! We knocked, taught lessons, did service, atesoooooo much, enjoyed the beautiful nativity exposition (I can`t think of the normal word in English), and bundled up like 7 layer bean dip. I don`t think  I`ll ever complain about being cold again after I leave Canada. -20 are we for reals people? Everyone just keeps laughing and says, "Oh just you wait!" It`s kind of mean. But Quebec is beautiful and for some reason it makes the cold more bearable. 

This week we had another incredible lesson with Daniel and Nancy. Daniel is super golden. He talks a lot about how he`s been waiting for the Lord to send him a sign. And he absolutely absorbs everything we teach him. I also love teaching them because I feel like my French improves like by a 1000% it`s pretty cool. Gotta love gifts of the spirit. 

We also have this other investigator named Guy (Gee). He. Is. So. Cool. He`s basically a dry Mormon, but he can`t get baptized until February-ish because he has some health problems. He asks questions in gospel principles like"how do we differentiate between an angel and a resurrected being?" He has a super solid testimony of the LdM and Joseph Smith. He`s just incredible. 

Oh family I have good news for you. Every single time I show anyone our family pictures everyone says how good looking you all are. We`ve made it. We are good looking! So thank you for being so darn attractive:) 

This week we helped this sister in our ward put up her decorations and while we were decorating we were talking about her Christmas plans and she told us she would be making a tortiere (tort-e-air), which is a Quebecoise meat pie. And Sister Grossenbach says, "Oh wow! Where did you learn to make tortillas?" And of course I just start laughing super hard because I have not met any Quebecois who actually knows how to make tortillas so the thought was just amusing. The lady was really confused and so was Sister Grossenbach. Sister Limburg and I then explained that she was making a Quebecoise meat pie NOT tortillas. It was pretty funny:)

This week I was really happy because I am in Helaman in the Livre de Mormon. It`s a pretty big accomplishment, because let me tell you the war chapters were not super easy to understand in French. But I did it! So anyway, I read in Helaman 13 this week about Samuel the Lamanites prophecy to the Nephites about the coming of the Messiah. I get chills just thinking about it. Samuel prophecies that the Messiah will come and at His coming a new star will appear "And behold, there shall a new star arise, such an one as ye never have beheld; and this also shall be a sign unto you." I think it is so incredibly beautiful that the Lord brought more light into the world at His birth. So much so that is was like there was no night at all. That`s one thing that I will never be able to deny is that the light of Christ is real. It`s visible. He is not a figurative light he is a literal light, because at the time of His death the Sun itself refused to shine. All things testify of Him. I am so grateful for the light that He has given me, even when life seems dark, He is always there to bring us light. I love that we have this time of year to rejoice in His birth. Rejoice! We have so much to celebrate! Have a very merry Christmas I love you so much!

Sister Perkins

L`Exposition du Creche

No comments: