Monday, May 21, 2012

Hola!!! Como estan todos!!!

First of all, FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MAMITA! I hope you have the happiest birthday ever! I'm so grateful for you and everything you taught me. Eat lots of cake and ice cream!

So, the title of this email comes from my new favorite song that Sister Chadburn and I listen to to  promote companionship unity. We are probably going to do a training next Zone Conference with this song as our inspiration;). Don't worry I've attached it so you can all listen to it and think of me dancing in my car with Sister C:) Si un amigo en miiiiiiiii!

This week was really good we had Zone Conference on Tuesday and it was just so great to see President and Sister Cannon. I love them! We also got a new phone at ZC  which sounded like a really cool idea until we saw it.....You know how when you watch movies from the 90's and they have those huge cell phones and everybody says "Cell phones used to be so big!" Well... we got pretty much the cousin of the phones from 1990. It's mortifying when you have to pull it out in public and everyone says "Whoa is that a walkie talkie!!?" It's gigantic! What can I say we live a very glamorous life:)

Yesterday we had the great opportunity to see Jeffrey baptize Steve! It was one of the most tender moments in my mission. Jeffrey was super nervous even though we told him a million times that it would be fine and wouldn't you know it, he did AMAZING!  I'm so proud of that little guy. He's such a rock star! (Sister Pace taught me to say rock star, such a good mission mama!) I love baptisms! It always reminds me of how many blessings I've been given because of this gospel. I'm so excited for both Jeffrey and Steve as they continue to make changes and learn in the gospel. It's such a blessing!

This week Sister C and I did a lot of busing around the city. We were busing home on Tuesday night and I met the cutest girl named Leah. We talked about the whole 2012 thing. She had a lot of questions, but then had to get off abruptly and so I gave her a card with our number. The very next day we were leaving an area about 25 minutes away from our house and we got on another bus and guess who was on the bus? The same girl. We talked to her again about families and the importance of prayer. On Thursday we were riding a bus to an area that is 20 minutes away from our house in a completely different direction and ran into the same girl again. We all started laughing and she said "You know I told my mom about you guys and she said that it's probably a sign. She wants me to come to your church." We were so happy to see her again and hope that we will get to see her at church one day if not on the bus again. The whole experience taught me that the Lord is truly in the details of our lives, and even when we think the insignificant things in our lives don't matter, they most certainly do to Him. 

This week I was able to experience a miracle with the gift of tongues. My companion and I taught 3 lessons in French and I was able to speak fluidly with really not much hesitation. It made me really happy! Though my French is super basic, I know that the Lord has blessed me with the ability to speak when I need it:)  

A few weeks ago President and Sister Cannon were here for a visit and President shared Matthew 11:28-30 " 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." This week this scripture has really been on my mind. As missionaries we labor a lot and most days are heavy laden with concerns for investigators, family, friends. There is a lot to labor and worry over. But the Lord promises us, if we do His will, if we are meek and lowly in heart we will find rest to our souls. Not to our physical exhaustions, but our souls will find rest. This week my feet were tired, my body was limp, but my soul felt so rested and that to me makes any physical exhaustion worth it. I testify that as you put the Lord first in your busy lives he will give you rest and your burdens will become light. 

I hope you all have a beautiful week and remember how much I  love you all! 

Love your amiga,

Sister Perkins

No comments: