Monday, February 13, 2012

Hello from Ottawa!!






Hello my little Doves! (that's my Valentine's term of endearment for ya'll)

How is everyone doing? I'm doing really well. Loving Canada. Loving my mission. Loving the warm weather:) 2 degrees. Could life be sweeter? Probably not. So, let's get down to the nitty gritty. This week was good.

First of all, Robert's Baptism. It was incredible! He loved every minute and the whole thing went off without a hitch. He actually started doing missionary work at his baptism. Elder Leon and Meza have been working with this family for a long time and they have had a few baptismal dates but the mom couldn't decide if she wanted to get baptized here or in the states. Well they came to Robert's baptism and he started talking to them about the gospel and I couldn't have been prouder. Watching my freshly baptized investigator doing missionary work. Well, the plot thickens, Mayda, the mother of the family called the Elders that night to tell them she needed to be baptized the next day. So, that's exactly what happened we threw another baptism together the next day. It was equally if not more beautiful than Robert's. I cried like a baby through the whole thing because I got to watch my hermanito (Elder Leon) baptize his first converts. It was really touching. I've been with him from the beginning. I love that little guy. It was truly an incredible weekend.

Another exciting thing that happened was zone conference. I love Prez and Sister Cannon. They are hysterical. I wish I was on the island so I could see them more often, just know I'm in really good hands.

The next exciting thing that happened this week was transfer calls. I'm staying here in Dows Lake but I'm getting a new companion. Her name is Sister Chadburn and after this transfer she will be the oldest Sister in the mission. Pretty exciting stuff:)

And now the event you've been waiting for....PICTURES!

Image 2057: This is me at the gate in Chinatown. I was so excited about Chinatown! Our amazing member Tracy took us to dinner it was a blast!
2063:This was our Corn P-day. Elder's Leon and Meza made everyone Nacho Libre-style corn. It was the best!
2071: Those are people skating on the Canal. How cool is that? It's the world's largest skating rink and we're not allowed to go:( But it's still pretty:)
2075; That is the filth our new vacum found in our apartment, this is a really scary picture of me. Sidenote: our last vacum exploded and then was stolen from outside our apartment. Yeah the mission office wasn't super thrilled about that one.
2085: Robert's Baptism...awww such a special day!
2091: Mamita I'm wearing one of the skirts you made me:) That's Elder Holm and Leavitt they are the ones who actually found Robert.
2104: This is everyone at Mayda and Leslie's baptism. Look at how grown up my hermanito is! We're not greenie babies anymore.


No comments: