Monday, May 3, 2010

Finding Myself...Or something like that



Hellloooo! It has been quite some time since I've blogged.
After finals I pretty sure a fuse popped in my brain and I forgot my identity.
So sorry. I was finding myself. Haha!
Luckily while I was absent from the blogging world I came up with some new tricks.
I'll share the first with you today.
It's called Recipe Monday.
Why?
A) because I haven't cooked very much since the semester started and I'd really love to get back into it.
B) because who doesn't love food?

Are you convinced? Good.

So this Monday I will share with you a new favorite. I have a talent, no a gift, for buying bananas that ripen unnaturally quick. I mean I bring them home nearly green and bam! yes,bam! they're brown. It drives me bananas ha ha the hilarity!
On Saturday, after my bananas turned a disturbing shade of brown, I searched high and low for a yummy banana recipe and fell banana head over heels for a banana muffin recipe from Risa of Baked Perfection la la love this blog.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
recipe from Baked Perfection

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1/4 cup butter melted
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I would cut this down to 1 cup)
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (I skipped this)

Preheat over to 375 degrees. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.

In a large bowl mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a second bowl beat together bananas, sugars, vanilla, egg, and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. In a small bowl mix together the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon flour (this will prevent the chocolate chips from sinking). Stir the chocolate chips into the batter. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with turbinado sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.


I hope you have a lovely Monday.

xo

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

How 'bout you send me some? since you have all this time on your hands? haha nice to have to back into the blogging world