Monday, May 10, 2010

Cook: Stuffed Shells


(I wish I had a picture of my shells. Sadly, they were inhaled by wolves before I had the chance.)

I hope everyone had a lovely mother's day weekend.
I know I did. I think I gained 15 pounds.
I had a hard time deciding what recipe to post this week.
Mostly because I cooked all weekend long. That's not a complaint. I wouldn't cook if I didn't love it.
However, I pondered and decided to post the most delightful stuffed shells recipe.
This is one of those recipes that looks like you've been in the kitchen all day.
But really the entire dish takes maybe an hour to complete
and tastes divine.

Stuffed Shells

Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) container of cottage cheese
1 (10 ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 cup mozzarella cheese,
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I love spices, so I usually do about 2tsps.)
20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained
1 (26 ounce) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
(I like to add about a teaspoon of salt as well)

  1. Cook the shells, drain and place them on tin foil to prevent them from sticking to each other.
  2. Mix together the cottage cheese, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
  3. Fill each shell with a heaping tablespoon of spinach and cheese mixture.
  4. Put half of the spaghetti sauce in a 9×13 inch pan and then put the shells in. Spoon the remaining sauce over the shells.
  5. Cover with foil and bake at 400ºF for 25 minutes. Remove the foil for the last few minutes and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until melted.
If you really want to knock the socks off your family and friends throw this french bread recipe into a bread maker.

Ciao!

xo

No comments: