Monday, November 26, 2012

Superintendant!!

Hello! 
It's your favorite Sister MISSIONARY!!!!! Okay. I just wanted to be annoying with that opening line. But let's be real. I'm your favorite. I can't believe you guys had Thanksgiving without me...So RUDE!  I spent Thanksgiving knocking and trying to convince people that we really are not: T.J.'s (Jehovah's witnesses), polygamists, conspiring with Israel to attack Gaza(yeah what's the deal out there? I'm glad we don't get news coverage), cousins with Mitt, from Mexico (just Sister Lopez), So basically we were grateful that none of the above is true:) It was actually a pretty great day:) I love knocking!

So this week is a very good 

This week was really incredible! I feel like the Lord said, "Here Sister Perkins, have a miracle maybe a dozen?" I can't even count how many prayers were answered this week but I felt like everywhere I turned the Lord gave me huge blessings. 

So, as you know we went to Quebec last week which was a really, really big blessing. I had island fever and really needed to breath different air. Quebec was like a big breath of beautiful air. I loved it! Then when I got back to the island I received a phone call from no other than Lindy Pace (Aka Sister Pace, my trainer) she is here visiting. I was so happy that I danced around in a circle. I love her. I was able to see her that night for a few minutes and I just cried. Oh my goodness! I needed to see her. I felt like this little part of my heart that has been needing something that feels like home to be filled. And seeing her really helped me feel home. All I wanted to do was tell her everything that's happened in the last 8 months since I've seen her, but that was impossible. There are reasons that only I the Lord and I know, but I really needed to see her. 

While we were in Quebec we visited the sweetest little old lady named Lucy. She loved to talk! She told us about everything. And she kept calling me Superintendent. I think she thought that's what I said when I introduced myself as Sister Perkins. I'm going to tell President that I'm a superintendent now:) But Lucy is basically a legend in Quebec she's been an investigator for a very long time, but it could be because she talks sooooooo much. But a midst all of talk talk talking. She told us a story that really touched my heart. She said two nights before our visit she was really worried because the next day she had to do her grocery shopping for the whole winter(because she doesn't like to leave her house), so she buys five months worth of food, mostly frozen dinner type stuff. She said she was worried because she would be tired after shopping and she had no idea where she was going to put like 120 frozen dinners. So she said she did something she never does. She prayed. She said she asked God that if there was a way he could help her she would really appreciate it. She then told us that the next day she woke up with a lot of energy and when she got to the store "a nice young lad" who worked in the store told her that the store could deliver the frozen dinners to her house throughout the winter as she needed them. She said she was so happy that she couldn't wait to pray again to thank God. To us this might seem really menial, but to this cute little 80 year old lady it was like God parted the Red Sea for her. It really struck me that the Lord will make anything that is important to us, important to Him. It also showed me that our God is so merciful and so willing to put our righteous desires,even if they seem silly to others, in the forefront of His mind. He truly loves us. 

Keeping this experience in mind when we got home Sister Lopez and I decided out area needed extra help. Help that only the angles in heaven could organize, so we fasted. We fasted because we really needed new investigators.  Normally this would be easy, but President has asked us to knock and find in areas that are nicer than the average slums. It's really hard. Most people do not love us, and the rest pretend not to see us. We fasted and prayed and knocked. And we found no one. I wasn't feeling discouraged though. I knew that the Lord would do something for us. At about 8 o'clock that night we decided to go visit this family that we normally don't see. When we were walking up to their apartment building we saw this guy taking out his trash so we contacted him. He asked us for a Book of Mormon in English so we told him after our appointment we could bring one up to his apartment. When we brought it to him  he ended up asking us really great questions like: Where does evil come from? How do we find truth? Where is God? All of this really sincere questions that normally frighten me to death, but the Lord didn't leave us alone. With every question we had a scripture. This is the first time this has ever happened to me but I felt like I knew what he was going to say. It was really crazy. But after we answered a lot of his questions he asked us to come back this week. It was a crazy cool miracle. 

There were so many amazing things that happened I've only had time to share a couple of the amazing experiences that we had. God is aware of us. He knows out thoughts and the intents of hearts and if we pray he will answer our prayers. 

I hope you have a great week! Look for miracles, because they are everywhere if you just look.

I love you!
Bisous Bisous

Soeur Perkins 


No comments: