Monday, November 12, 2012

 So excited to play in fall leaves!
Yay! for Fall!

Hello dearlings..... Yes the Lopez and I think we have a cat living in our house. Okay that's the lie we've been telling ourselves because everyday our hair falls out in massive gobs. Good bye, hair! I'm  going to save all of them and make myself a nice wig. I hope you enjoyed that opening line, because I've been working on it all day. 


Oh my goodness before I forget I want to wish my little Fia a happy birthday!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe my little Fia monster is 4! It's so crazy. Fia you are such a gorgeous little lady and I can't wait to play with you again! I love you nugget! 

Other than our hair falling out life has been pretty good. We've had some really nice sunny days! Oh so great! We've seen some miracles and eaten up this beautiful fall season. 

Speaking of fall. So now that all of the leaves have fallen the trees look super bare and kind of ugly. Sister Lopez and I were driving the other day and it was quiet than out of nowhere she says, "I'm really afraid. These trees are going to fall and kill someone." I just looked at her like she was nuts. Every time we see a big tree she has to tell me that it's going to kill someone someday.Then this morning when we were leaving our house to go do laundry at the Sisters house there were people cutting down some of the big trees by our house and she looked at me and in a very solemn voice she said, "See. I told you." What a nut. 

So, we've been trying to get to know the people in our ward better so we've been setting up lessons with random members in the ward and we set up an appointment with this super nice family from Brazil. Well, we show up and guess what? It's a dinner appointment and they've invited someone. The only problem was that we didn't know if this chica was a member or not. So we kind of just smile and sit there while the family talks to her.Then the sister brings us our plates of food. Yeah. I had like 3 cups of rice and half of a chicken. Sister Lopez had like half the amount of food on her plate. Ridiculous. Then she gives us a huge glass of straight pineapple juice. Yeah. If you ever want to lose weight really quick I have the diet for you. So, after everyone is sufficiently stuffed like turkeys the mom says, "Okay now we will watch Finding Faith in Christ." About halfway through the movie I thought "I'm a gonner. I'm not going to make it out of here." Then about two minutes before the movie is over the sister stands up and turns it off. Then she sits right in front of the investigator and says (in like a tv preacher voice) "Do you have FAITH?!" Sister Lopez and I had eyes as big as saucers. Then the sister went crazy on this poor little chica. The rest of the night was pretty eventful but I will spare you the gory details. Oh dinner appointments. 

We were in the neighborhood of another Haitian member this Friday night so we decided to pass by and see how she was doing. The only problem was that we saw her walking down the street and normally we would've have honked and waved but she was dancing as she was walking so we just drove alongside and watched her. We were laughing so hard we couldn't even breathe. So after we creeped on her sufficiently we decided to wait just outside of her house and then we ran into an old investigator that this member introduced us to. Long story short we ended up having a really good lesson with this member and our investigator. At the end the member wanted to sing Lord I would Follow Thee. The only problem here is that when she sings she sounds like those motion sensored Halloween ghosts. So, the whole time I'm trying to keep myself from dying of laughter and then I just lost it like the last two verses. So after the investigator who is this old Haitian lady says, "why were you laughing?" And I did something no missionary should ever do. I lied. I said I got lost. And the member said, "they're learning French sometimes it's hard for them when they sing." When we left the house Sister Lopez said, "You big liar!" As you can see, I still not have solved my problem at laughing in the most inconvenient situations. 

One of the coolest parts of being a missionary is less active work. I really love working with less actives. It's hard. But when you see someone come back it's so rewarding. when I first got into this area my comp and I started working with this family that has been  inactive for about five years. We've visited them every Sunday since I got here but haven't seen very much progress. Sister L and I were starting to get really frustrated and talked about dropping them, but we just couldn't. I kept thinking about Jacob 5 "It grieveth me that I should lose one of these trees." We just couldn't do it. This week we had two family home evenings and we invited this family not really thinking they would come. Well, they came to both and after both they promised to come to church. And we weren't too sure. Well, they came yesterday. I teared up a little bit as I was jumping up and down outside the church when I saw them walking up. It was so beautiful! They really loved being there. I know that the Lord was probably more excited than I was. It strengthened my testimony that no matter who we are or where we are the Lord is aware of us and He will never foresake us. Never cease to look for the people in your life who need you as an angel to help them back to where they need to be. It would grieveth Him to lose one of us. Don't forget that.

I hope you have a great week! I love you so much! 

Bisous Bisous!

Sister Perkins


No comments: