Monday, October 22, 2012

Tea time with the District. Love their guts.

  Haitian Dinner Appointment. Look at the excitement on my little round face.

We picked apples last week for a service project. It was a lot of fun, except for all of the bugs. Tomorrow we'll be going back to help make a ton of applesauce:) I love Fall!!!!!

  We were able to go to the Chinese Lantern Festival at the Botanical Gardens with one of our members and a potential investigator. It was so beautiful!!!
  So pretty!
Gangster Chinese Girl

Hello my little pumpkins!
I cannot believe that another transfer is over. How does this keep happening? It's going by too quickly. Especially this transfer. I'm not ready to say good-bye to two of my best friends. I've decided that I'm only going to make friends with missionaries who are staying longer than me. No more of this heart wrenching sadness every transfer. As for transfer calls, I will be staying in Hochelaga and I will be receiving a companion named Sister Lopez, who is from Mexico and who is majoring in French teaching. I'm pretty excited about the whole speaking French and Spanish thing, but we will have to make sure to speak in English too since she's learning English. It's going to be a pretty interesting transfer. I'm excited, but really sad to see the Honeyhead go home. Boo!

This week was all kinds of crazy. We ran, ran, ran, and boom it was the end of the week. We had a lot of really cool experiences as you've seen from the pictures. We picked apples, we went to a Chinese lantern festival, we ate Haitian food (which makes my arteries cry), we also cried a lot, and laughed a lot. Saying good-bye is hard. 

I would really like to write more but I'm just feeling really tired. Maybe one day I'll explain the details, but by then the problems will be so removed it won't really matter. But your prayers would be appreciated. I need them. 

Speaking of prayer...this week I spent a lot of time praying. Lots of time really supplicating with my Heavenly Father. And he answered my prayers in a number of ways. A phone call from my favorite little Elder Leon, a surprise visit from the lovely Kat, lunch with the kindest Pascale, jokes from the Honeyhead. So many ways to remind me that he loves me. I guess even though this seems like a downer letter I would want you to know that He hears you too. I love you so much. Next week will be better.

Bisous Bisous
Sister Perkins

No comments: