Monday, June 11, 2012

Could Jeffrey be any more amazing? This was pretty much the best/funniest/most perfect lesson. Bing jiling!

Sister C pass this sign everyday and the first time we passed it I pointed it out to her and in my best serious face and voice said, "Do you think church headquarters knows about these people?"

Yep. Elder and Sister relations are still as awkward as ever. We were asked to present a booth at the annual Family History Fair. This is a typical Friday night for us:) So cool!

Ignore the fact that I look atrocious in this photo. There is no AC in our chapel. Gotta love Ottawa in the summer! This was at Steve's baptism and our favorite Jeffrey was the one who baptized him. With none other than the Riverside Elders (Meza and Shaver).




So as you can see. I'm happy (Dad), I'm healthy (Mom), and I'm not freezing anymore:) Each moment here in Ottawa has been more dear to my heart than I can possibly ever put into words. All I know is that it's become a part of me. I feel changed and I know that the Lord has given me that change. As transfer calls loom this Saturday all I can think to say is that I have loved every minute here in Ottawa and whatever the Lord has instore for me will be as equally gratifying.
 
This week I studied a bit about the plan of salvation. I have a bit of bad news....I didn't actually understand, I mean really understand the plan of salvation until I had been on my mission about 5 months. And I'm sure I still have more to learn. But one day in the middle of a lesson it really struck me what the plan means to me personally. What it can do for my family collectively and how important it is for the world as a whole. The plan is a promise of Eternal Life. Like it says in John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." What an increidble gift the promise of Eternal and everlasting life! It also reminds me of a poem that I found in the scriptures given to me by my dad before I left on my mission. The poem says,
 
"What the King has, that have I.
Rose-gold of dawn bejeweled sky,
A wealth of days slipping by.
 
What the King has that have I.
Hope deferred, ambitions high,
Hungerings to satisfy.
 
What the King has that have I.
A crown of love naught can buy.
Once to live.
Once to die."
 
Once we have passed from this frail existence we will be able to go on living in the glory of our Father inheriting all that He has. The gift of Eternal Life is the ultimate sign of affection our Father in Heaven could bestow upon us. But what really struck me about the plan of Salvation is that we are the ones who will choose to inherit or not. "Should we not go on in so great a cause?"
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! There is not doubt things in Ottawa will be interesting. We will have highs and lows, but after it is all said and done we will count this week with all of the rest as a integral part of who the Lord is changing us to be. Never forget that you are so loved. Never allow yourself to believe that you have strayed to far to be an heir to the Lord. All that He has is yours, if you choose it.
 
I love you so.
 
Sister Perkins

No comments: