Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring is here!

Hello everybody!
How has your week been? I can't believe another week has flown by! I also can't believe we're this far through the month of April. Time is flying at such a rapid rate that every now and then I get a little dizzy just thinking about it. This week again has been interesting with enough ups and downs to make you feel like you're on a rollercoaster. But we carry on. Everyday and with a smile:)
The weather here is getting warm and happy again. I feel so lucky, I love good weather and we finally have some to rave about here in Canada. Oh my goodness it is so nice to go outside without a coat/scarf/gloves/boots/7 layers of clothes. I feel slightly liberated:) It's been nice to feel warm rays and know that spring has finally made it's little debut. I've been watching the buds on the trees and the little flowers popping their little heads out and it makes me so happy. There really isn't anything better than a beautiful spring day!
This week we had a lesson with Robert and we decided to give him three options of different lessons. One of them being the movie "Mountain of the Lord". I can honestly tell you that I was convinced that I had seen this movie. I even told everyone in the room, "This is a really good movie!" With enthusiasm. Well about 15 minutes in, a bad Joseph Smith wig and 3 bad special effects later I can tell you I was feeling pretty ridiculous. I realized that no where in my life had I ever seen this movie and now that I had, I never wanted to see it again. I know that I should probably say that all church movies are good, but let me tell you something this one was bad. It was like the Book of Mormon movie all over again. Not only was it terrible but it was so incredibly boring that our poor member (Shu-ling) was nearly comatose by the end. Needless to say we will not be showing that one again:)
Yesterday we had a lesson with Jeffrey the new and improved recently baptized version. He's so incredible! We reviewed the Plan of Salvation with him and talked a little bit about temples. There are so many moments as a missionary while teaching that I feel like I'm the one being taught. My mission has been a tender mercy in helping me really understand the plan of Salvation. Yesterday I felt so grateful to remember that the Plan of Salvation is individual. I watched as Jeffrey told us the importance of going to the Celestial kingdom and how we will be able to be with our family for the eternities because of Jesus Christ. Every person no matter their circumstance, who they've been or who they are have the ability to repent because as it says in Alma 42 "this time is granted unto men to repent, yea, a probationary time, a time to repent and serve God". It's truly a gift to repent and it's always possible to change through and only through the power of the Atonement. Never forget you are loved and even more so you are watched over. Because the Lord paid the price He will never forsake you even when you feel you've strayed too far. Remember you are precious in His sight.
Thank you for your love and your continued support. I couldn't do this without you. All of you.
Love,
Sister Perkins

No comments: