Monday, April 23, 2012



No this title is not a fluke! We woke up this morning to about two inches of snow! I couldn't believe my eyes! Snow! In April! We haven't even had snow here in over a month and now it's everywhere! Oh my goodness...snow. It's actually been really pretty but don't tell anyone I said that, my reputation is at stake here.
 
This week was better! Thank you so much for your prayers and your words of encouragement. I feel like things are certainly turning around. Well, they have to you can't get any worse than zero progressing investigators:) Yay! I feel like things are really going to turn around this week. We're going to have an Alma experience:)
 
Last week I went on splits with Sister Ariiotima in Gatineau. It was so nice to be back in my old greenie area! I was so happy to see that little city and visit some of the old members We decided that are whole split we were only going to talk in French/Spanish. It actually went really well I learned a lot more French and realized my Spanish isn't half bad either. Sister Ariiotima is probably one of the funniest Sisters in the entire mission we had a blast together. As soon as my companion and her companion left she turned to me and said "Okay Sister Perkins, let's go swimming." Obviously we didn't go swimming, but we did go knocking and we even found an old contact that I had knocked into when I was in Gatineau 5 months ago. She instantly recognized me and gave me a huge hug. I wish I could tell you she wanted to hear about the gospel of Jesus Christ this time, but she didn't. However, we did have a good contact and she said she would read the restoration pamphlet.  Planting seeds. It was good to be in Gatineau. Almost as good as being home...Almost.
 
I don't know if I mentioned this before but Sister Chadburn is from Colorado and as you well know I'm from Utah. Sooo, for some reason a lot of Canadians think that my companion and I are from the wild west. Like John Wayne wild west. Candians have this crazy idea that we walk around in the states waving guns in the air. These are the things we hear: "I heard that in Colorado you can shoot anyone who walks onto your property." "They just barely made it illegal to wave a gun in the banks in the states." "Did you know there are more guns in the state of Texas, than there are people in the United States." "I heard everyone has a gun in the states." "My parents won't let me go to the states, they said it's not safe there." We were at breakfast the morning with our less active and his dad and I jokingly said, "Yeah, Colorado and Utah are right out of a Clint Eastwood movie." He looked at me with horror, "Really!? I've heard that." So, I think that I'm going to start telling people crazy things like that my dad is a sheriff and that my family owns a saloon. Also, if you could send me a cowboy hat  and a holster, I think that would help. Really? Really?! Oh Canada.
 
In other news...our little Shu-ling went back to China this week:( It was terribly sad. I think that's one of the worst parts of being on a mission, saying good-bye to all of our friends. But don't worry we already planned a trip for her Jeffrey, and William to come visit in Utah:)
 
I hope all is well back home, because apprently you could easily get shot there with the amount of guns floating around in the states. Make sure to stay away from all stagecoaches and make sure to wear your spurs. Okay, okay. Seriously have a really great week. Remember that I love you and that I'm praying for each of you individually.
 
Giddy up little doggies!
 
Love,
Sister Perkins
 

No comments: