Monday, March 19, 2012

Wow! 6 Months Already!!

This picture is on the bus back from Montreal...and it pretty much sums up my companionship with Sister Chadburn.
This is why I pray every day that I won't weigh 2000 lbs when I get home. Sister Chadburn is the best cook evah!!!

So pretty much that is my week in pictures. Life here in the CMM is good. We have dinner appointments coming out of our ears, my companin is a nut who I love dearly, my investigators are angels. The weather is beautiful!! So yeah, no complaints.
One thing I would like to share is something I learned at mission conference. Elder Packer's son Alan Packer came to speak and he talked about how learning the language of the spirit is the same as learning Spanish or French. He talked about how we don't need to just learn the words the spirit uses but the culture the spirit operates in. He counseled us to pay close attention to the thoughts that come into our minds and use them to discern the will of our Father in Heaven. This reminds me of how in Jacob when Sherem tries to shake the faith of Jacob he cannot because Jacob tells him "I have heard and seen; and it also has been made manifest to me by the power of the Holy Ghost." We can't wait to feel the spirit we need to be seeking it, so when the Sherem's of the world come into our lives we can say as Jacob "I could not be shaken."
In case you remember this week marks 6 months of my mission. They have been the most beautiful 6 months of my life and I know that I owe every single blessing I've experienced to the Savior. This time on my mission has been like a dream and I feel like the Lord has given to me in abundance.
Don't forget we talk of Christ and we rejoice in Christ. I pray that you have a beautiful week.
Con mucho amor,
Sister Perkins

No comments: