Monday, March 26, 2012

Always winter never Christmas....boo!






Sister Chadburn and I roasting in front of Parliment

Top Picture:The cool cowboys:Jeffrey and William
3rd Picture: Too short again! Elder Meza let me stand on his bag so I could see the view


Hello!
So this past week has been crazy weather wise. Last week it was in the upper 30's and today it is -2. I will never understand Canada. Boo! Last P-day we were roasting our brains out. No coats, no boots, no tights. It felt like summer. Now we're bundled up like snowmen again. Hopefully, conference and Easter bring us tidings of great warmth.
So we had transfer calls this weekend and I get to stay here in Dows Lake!!!!! Yay! I'm so excited, I get to see my lil' Jeffrey get baptized!!!! It's going to be incredible. Sister Chadburn and I literally screamed on the phone....the zone leaders weren't super jazzed. It's going to be another great transfer in the beautiful city of Ottawa. No complaints here:)
This week my comp and I did a lot of bus contacting and there was this cute little special needs couple. The boy was talking to his girlfriend and he kept calling her his "plump juicy little pear" I was nearly dying the whole time it was too funny. I wrote it in my planner like wildfire, because I didn't want to forget it. I'm going to use that one someday:) Got to love bus contacting:) Really the bus is like a sitcom waiting to happen.
Speaking of bus contacting we had somewhat of a miracle happen last week. Sister Chadburn and I decided to take a bus out to the Fallowfield area (about 45km away, Ahhh miles no km I'm becoming a Kanook!!!). We like distance buses because it gives us more time to have a solid conversation. Well, the first bus we got on was a total bust. There was a couple fighting and so the whole bus was silent as the grave. So we hopped off on a random spot and decided to take another bus. We hopped on that one and everyone on that bus was about as friendly as a cactus, so once again we hopped off. We were nearly dying of laughter at this point, because well we're in the middle of siberia and everyone is super grouchy. Well, we get on another random bus and again no one wants to talk to us. I kind of spaced out for a minute and then this kid walked up to me and I realized the entire bus is empty except for me, my comp, him, and the driver. "You're going to want to get off. This is the last stop." He looked at me like I had antlers on my head. So we scramble off that bus and while we're lingering at the bus stop waiting for the next random bus. I notice he's watching us so I tell my companion "Whatever bus he gets on,we're following." Creepy right? Well that's my job:) So, we follow him on to the next bus. Guess who I end up standing next to? Oh yeah. Only problem is I'm having a really hard time striking up conversation because a) I was just rejected a lot on the previous buses b) I just obviously followed him onto this bus and c) he would not stop staring at my tag. Then randomly he pulls out a notebook scribbles something on a paper and stuffs it into his pocket. Now who's creepy. So my comp and I get off on a random stop and he follows us off. "Sisters." Okay if anyone addresses you as "Sisters" you can assume a) they have been taught before or b) they are a member. He handed us a paper with his contact info and introduced himself. "I want you to teach me." That's the sweetest words to a missionaries ears.We decided that meeting Blair that day was nothing short of a miracle and we know that good things are in store:)
This week while studying the BOM I've realized how often we read about hearts. It's really quite often. We read about soft hearts, hard hearts, pure hearts, desires of our hearts, sobbings of our hearts, pierced hearts, the list goes on and on. It's made me think about king Benjamin's people who had no more desire to do evil but to do good continually. We coin that as a conversion. But what causes our conversion? I would suggest after this week it's the quality of our heart. The Lord knows if something is felt in our hearts it really doesn't matter what our heads say. I pray that this week as you hear from the prophet of the Lord you listen with your heart. Allow the spirit to soften, to pierce, to purify your heart so that you will have no disposition to do evil,but to do good continually and only then can we say we are truly converted.
I wish you the most beautiful, warm, inspiring week. Scatter sunshine all along your way:)
Love,
Sister Perkins

No comments: