Monday, January 23, 2012

4 MONTHS!!!

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!
Holy Guacamole! I've officially been out for four months! It's a weird feeling. It's a crazy seeing the calender pages turn. Sidenote: Elders Meza and Leon bought me an "orphans" calender and when they gave it to me they said "Orphans listen to me! Listen to Ignacio! I know that it is fun to wrestle, but you cannot do it! Because in the Bible it says not to wrestle your neighbor."

This has been a really neat week! We had Sister's conference in Montreal at the mission home. It was fun to be with President and Sister Cannon. President is really funny when the Elders aren't around. We had a pretty in-depth discussion about the way men and women communicate, it was hysterical! Then he teased me about the phone in the toilet incident. Got to love Prez. While I was in Montreal I got to go on splits with Sister Sandoval! We went to a D.A. with this lady from their ward called the Bahama Mama:) She made curry and it was really good! It made me miss Benja's. On our way back to Ottawa I asked my comp if she had the phone, and well, she didn't. Nope we left it in the mission home. Luckily, our ZL's were in Montreal so they brought it back the next day with a picture of toilet as our screen saver that Prez C took himself. Yes. I'm THAT sister.

For the past week our landlords have been out of town and they have some friends house sitting. For some reason every day they have played "Benny and the Jets" on the piano. I'm pretty sure whoever is playing it is learning it because they play the same parts over and over and over and over. It's kind of ironic, because in the MTC every Thursday we had service and every Thursday after service I had an Elton John song stuck in my head (tiny dancer, piano man, etc) And then there was the solid week where I had "Benny and the Jets" stuck in my head. I feel like it's a sign;) Kidding.

When I was in Montreal I got a big beautiful package from Mama and Papa Bear! Those where the most amazing skirts! Mom you are amazing! I also loved the secret surprise in the plaid skirt! You send the best packages! Also you have about 120 requests from members and other sisters to make skirts for them.

This week I was thinking about friends what a good friend is and how I can be a better friend. I was listening to a talk by John Bytheway and he mentioned Luke 5:17-25 where the man with palsy is lowered through the ceiling by his friends to be healed by the Savior. And then by the faith of his friends this same man is healed. It made me wonder if I'm a good friend. Am I the type of friend that makes the gospel easier to live? I came to the conclusion that I could be better. I feel like we all have the responsibility to help our friends come closer to Christ. Charity is the pure love of Christ.

Yesterday we had the opportunity to hear from the Canada Montreal Temple President and his wife. They also started the BYU Jerusalem center. During Sunday school he showed a slide show of pictures from Jerusalem. Confession: I have actually never had a desire to visit the Holy Land, mostly because of the violence. But after yesterday, I would love to go to Jerusalem. It looks like a beautiful place. And can you imagine walking the same streets the Savior walked? Incredible. Mom and Pops don't worry, I'll come home first;)

Thank you for humoring me and reading my weekly emails! I love Canada! I love missionary work! Thank you for your love and your support. Read your scriptures! Say your prayers! Eat your veggies! Don't forget the little frozen Sister Perkins in the land of Canadia!
A la prochaine! Je vous aime beaucoup!

Bisous Bisous!

Soeur Perkins

No comments: