Monday, December 19, 2011

Week 13: Joyeaux Noel!


Bonjour! How is everyone doing? From your emails it sounds like everyone is really busy! Short concise, scattered emails:) But I love them all the same. Before I forget Merry Christmas!
Today we are driving to Montreal for our zone Christmas party with the Cannon's. I'm pretty excited, since I've only really be in Montreal for a total of 12 hours. For Christmas Eve we will be spending it with the Baker's. I'm really excited because the Baker's are like Grandparents to us. They are so sweet! Then Christmas Day...well we'll let the ward figure that one out. Everyone has been fighting over who gets to have us over. As far as Christmas phone call.....I'm thinking it will be after 2 your time. I may just call to tell you when I'm calling:)
Last week Sister Pace and I were driving to Ottawa to go on splits with the Sisters in Ottawa. As we were driving we saw a sign that said "Best Quality Leather Garments in Town." We really wanted to stop and take pictures, because honestly church headquaters needs to hear about this:) Kidding. But when you're a missionary you really only have gospel jokes. For example, last night we were at a dinner appointment with a family in our ward. They have a son who was supposed to come so there was a place setting set but he never came. The mom said something about how we waited and waited and he never came. That's when I turned to Sister Pace and said "It's like we're waiting for Elijah to come." Oh so funny. I bet you all miss how funny I am. I know Sister Pace thinks I'm hysterical....I know I think I'm hysterical.
I was with sister Ariiotima in Ottawa. Ottawa is the only area in our mission that everyone really speaks English. The problem is Sister Ariiotima doesn't speak English. So I'm saying "Hi" to EVERYONE and NO ONE would say hello back. Welcome to Ottawa. We walked by Parliment and I smiled at this Haitian and said "Hello!". He stopped and started talking to us. I kept trying to tell him who we were and what our message was but all he kept telling me was "Girl, what are you doing tonight?" "Preaching the Gospel." "No, no, no, after that." "Everyday. All day. From 8-9:30 I preach the gospel." He didn't believe me. Afterwards he gave me his number and told me to look him up on Facebook....I don't know if it's worth it.
We had our baptism with Josie this week and it was beautiful! Josette (yes) Josie's mama gave an amazing talk about the baptismal covenant. It was really touching because Josie had some non-member family there and I know they all felt the spirit. The whole thing was great! Josie's uncle Winsor came to church the next day and told us we could meet with him after the holidays.
I really hope everyone has a beautiful Christmas! Sorry my email was scattered and crazy....maybe it's because I know I'll be talking to you in 6 days!!!! I love you all!
Bisous Bisous
Soeur Perkins
Pic above: Sometimes I'm really funny. Really though.
1949:Josie's baptism! I love this little munchkin!
1937: Sister Ariiotima:)
1936: I look funny in this picture, but that would be Parliment in the background.
1926: This is Jaden. The child I'm going to kidnap before I leave Canada. Isn't he the cutest pie?







No comments: