Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week 3


Bonjour ma famille et aussi mes amies!
Commet ca va? I am doing pretty well. This last week was really emotionally and physically draining, but the Lord always provided a way to get things done.
First of all I want to wish my first sista' Jaclyn Sue Perkins Rodet the hap hap happiest birthday! I love you Jaclyn! Thanks for being an example and for always making me laugh.
Yesterday my little brother Elder Oliver Wilgose returned to his home in England. He realized that there were some issues that he needed to repent of before he could dedicate himself to the Lord. My whole district cried so much. We are all so proud of him and his decision to return home to repent, but it doesn't change how much we all miss him and his silly comments. I'm so certain that our Father in Heaven is pleased with his decision to remain honorable. I had a lot of fears coming into the mission, but I did not realize that one of the things I should've been aware of was how quickly I would learn to love the other missionaries I've been working with. And not in a weird romantic way, but in a "you are my brother/sister and I love you so much for being here" kind of way.
Mom, you asked about my companion, her name is Lara Jane Ellsworth. Soeur E. is from East Lansing, MI and she is a crazy kook! She'll be serving in the France Lyon mission. In my zone there are only 2 of us going to Montreal, everyone else is either going to Paris, Lyon, or Fiji. And then the two lonely souls going to the tundra of Canada. Mom, you also asked when or if we leave the MTC. Well, the only time we go out into "the world" in on Tuesday's for the temple. Yeah. That's the first time I've referred to "go to the temple" as "going out in the world".
So, we had a really interesting experience last Thursday. A news crew from France News 2 came to interview our class about life in MTC. I guess the reporter that came is kind of a big deal in France and since the church is building a temple there she decided she wanted to do a special on the Mormons. I was super nervous that I would say something stupid, but I was able to answer her questions (in English) without saying anything that could be taken wrong. I think what made me the most nervous was that this was the first opportunity I had to talk to real investigators, not just teachers acting like investigators.
Dad, thank you so much for your letter last week about ministering angels. On Tuesday nights we have devotional and this last week we heard from Brother Lionel Kendrick an emeritus 70. He talked a lot about why our missions are important for the rest of our lives. And before he closed he metioned that the Lord was sending His finest from the other side of the veil to help his missionaries. It realy made me think about your letter and D&C 84:88. That scripture is amazing! Anyways, we went back to our classroom to discuss devotional and I felt impressed to share how you were able to see the Lords angels ministering to me. My little brother, Elder Leon (who is serving in Montreal), started crying and then shared with all of us that he was told when he got set apart that he would be ministered to by the Lords angels and he had been praying to know if that was really true. Another Elder also shared that he felt that he was constantly among angels because of the love he felt within our district. I'm ashamed to admit when I arrived and found out I would be speaking French I was pretty put out, but after this last week with losing our dear Elder Wilgose and having such a tender spiritual moment with the rest of the district I understand that the Lord knew I needed to be with these particular Elders and Sisters at this particular time.
Another tender mercy this week happend while I was teaching my "investigator" David (he's one of my MTC teachers, Fere Starita). While we were teaching him about the restoration I pulled out the Retablissment pamphlet and was struck by the picture on the outside. It's a picture of the Savior holding a lamb. The lamb looks so cozy in the Savior's arms. I felt completely envoloped in the Savior's love in that moment realizing that I am very much like that little lamb. I love the Savior so much.
Thank you for your love and support. I could not do this without the prayers of so many. I know better today than ever that the Lord knows me. I know he loves me for the imperfect person I am. I know that he can make up the difference when I can't. I hope you all know that I think of you often. I miss your faces, voices, and spirits. My prayers are always with you.
Je t'amie toujour,
Soeur Sabrina Danielle Perkins
p.s. If you feel so inclined send me pictures!:)
p.p.s. J did you get the letters I sent for you, your mom, and Grandma Mary?
p.p.s. XOxoXXOxo My district speaks to each other in Nacho Libre quotes "it's the best!"
p.p.p.s. I love you!

No comments: