Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bonjour!


Chere Familie et mon amis!
Commet ca va? This week has gone by so fast! I can hardly believe how quickly the weeks go by...days are another story. Conference was amazing here at the MTC! The spirit was incredible. I felt like everyone was hanging on every word being spoken. It was unreal! I basically cried through the first two sessions. I lost it when they announced the SECOND temple in Provo! I'm so happy that building will not be torn down. That building was gorgeus in it's day and it served the people in Provo so well for years. I was only in it a couple of times but I felt like it had a soul. It was definately a worthy servant of the Lord. At times I think we're all kind of like that building. We work really hard and feel torn down and like are efforts are in vain. But the Lord always has a plan.I feel like that building will stand as a testimony that the Lord has great things in store for all of us. Now it will be a holy house of the Lord. The means by which many people will be sealed as families for the eternities. Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives! I also really loved President Uchtdorf's talks. I'm pretty sure the Lord knew what I needed to hear and when I needed to hear it. Conference is such a spectacular event and I hope you all loved it as much as I did.
Dad, thank you so much for your letter! The language is rough. I struggle through most of my lessons, but I feel certain that the Lord is on my right hand and on my left hand and his angels are constantly round about me. Especially when my body is exhausted and my brain is completely spent, He always provides more support. This week I've been thinking a lot about Alma 29:1-2 "Oh that I were an angel and could have the wish of mine heart! That I might speak witht the trump of God, and cry repentence unto every people!" The wish of my heart is to learn French. Especially to learn to love it. That is a work in progress:)
This week we finished teaching Stephan (the "investigator"). In our lesson we were teaching him about baptism and he asked us if he could be baptised in our church. Like i said my French is not so gurd. So in my little head i thought he was asking us if he could baptize himself, so I emphatically responded "Non,non, non!" and he said "Non?" "NON!" And then after I realized the look of confusion on his face I felt like a big fat goober. Then I said "Ohhh! OUI!" After this gem he asked where he would be baptized and my companion couldn't remember the word for water or font so she said "en une.....bath." At this point none of us could keep a straight face...buy hey we comitted him to baptism:)
Thank you for your letters! they are like prized gems here in the mish. I love hearing about everything you're doing and seeing pictures. Also, thank you for the package! I took the taffy to conference and the Elders in my district loved it. I felt like the mom, because they kept saying, "Soeur Perkins, can I have some taffy?" And I would say "this is the last one!" and it almost never was, because I am a push over.These Elders are great. They are the best little brothers ever. Sadly, this week one of our elders went home. My heart was broken, but I know the Lord has a path for all of us and I just keep praying his will lead him back to a mission.
I'm so happy to be here! This is the hardest, but most edifying thing I have ever done. Some days I feel like I've grown so much. And other days I feel like I still have so much to learn. I'm so grateful though. All through out conference I kept thinking how lucky we are to have the gospel in our lives. How lucky we are to know that our lives our not endless streams of chaos, but there is a path and there is a guide. I love the Savior. I love His gospel. I know that He loves me and I know that He loves each and every one of you. He knows your needs and the desires of your hearts. You are in my prayers. I love you so dearly. Remember "All these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good."
The Savior loves you. I love you.
Soeur (pronounced sur NOT sewer!) Perkins
P.s. You should really write me letters!
P.p.s. Randy? RANDY! RANDIE! RANDIE! Randy?
P.p.s. Write me:)
P.p.p.s. J did you get your letter?

No comments: