Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Shut. Up!"

My life has been blessed with many amazing people.
Last night I got to see one of them.
Sista' Olson.
I love this girl so much, more than I can possibly say.
I met Sister Olson her first transfer out of the MTC.
She was bubbly, sweet, and just an instant kindred spirit. (Plus she has the most gorgeous blonde curly hair EVER!)
In the course of the year and a half she served in the Provo South Mission (Most of it at the St. George VC) I was able to experience what it's like to be a sister missionary.
I've never been rejected so much in my entire life.
But I loved it.
Because when you serve the Lord the good always outweighs the bad.
And it helped to experience all the rejection with someone who could make it all seem funny.
We had awesome lessons, less productive lessons, lessons that never happened, and even one lesson in a bedroom (So awkward!).
I learned so much from her.
Like:
Even sister missionaries say "Shut. Up!"
That there is a literal "bean man" (Awesome story).
That people look at you funny when you go out to eat on Valentines Day with a Sister Missionary(An even more Awesomer story).
And that there is no better way to come to Christ than to serve Him.
You. Are. The. Best.

xo
P.s. You owe me a picture with your dad...and a can of beans!

1 comment:

jenna said...

Hey guess what!? I know SIster Olsen too! I went on splits with her a few times! haha.. the world gets smaller every day!