Thursday, November 12, 2009

Twisting My Arm


Those of you who know me best know I kicked and screamed and refused upon all refusals to ever, ever, EVER be a facebookie. And I resisted for quite some time. Then after some arm twisting from a very adorable friend I joined the 21st century and became a facebookie. It was a year long affair of never changing my profile picture, changing my status 12 times, and ignoring every blasted game request anyone sent me.
Then one morning I woke up and said "Goodbye facebookie self." For nearly five months I was facebookless. I can tell you it had it's pros and it's cons. I no longer watched people's statuses switch from "single" to "in a relationship" like stocks on the Nasdaq, but I did feel ever so slightly disconnected. I missed mission calls, budding romances, all my childrenesque break-ups, and many other necessary evils of being 20 and single. There were days I said to myself "Maybe I could be a less uninteresting version of my former facebookie self? Perhaps?"
This Tuesday at yoga a lovely friend said "We need to be facebook friends. So, when you move we can still talk." I told her I was no facebookie and she was very sad. And finally I thought, "Gee, I suppose I will miss all my little dearlings from STG." So once again a charming friend coaxed me into coming back to the 21st century. Thank you friends who are constantly pulling me back into the modern world. Huzzah for facebookies!

No comments: