Monday, March 18, 2013

These are some very influential ladies...or rather chicas:)
 Forgive the fact that we`ve been teary eyed, but oh how I love the Rodhains:) Mes cheres parents francais.

Hello my beautiful friends and family,

Can you believe it? I`m coming home. I feel like the past 4 days I`ve been living in some crazy dream. I keep putting stuff in my bags (who are we trying to kid, cramming stuff in my bags), thinking, ``Is this real?``

This week was really great! We were lucky enough to have another Sister`s Conference, I jokingly referred to it as the Sister Perkins Going Away Party:) Some things never change:) Yay! It was so nice to see 5 of my old companions and to see all of the new BEAUTIFUL sisters who just came into the mission. I was slightly envious of all of the knowledge they already had about being awesome missionaries and even more for all of the experiences I know they are going to have. But then I remembered that the Lord has been so good to me and given me the things I needed to learn. 

Yesterday was a very tender Sunday for me. I got to see my beloved Frere and Soeur Rodhain from the Quebec ward. Frere Rodhain was the high council speaker and it felt like home seeing them again. If my joy wasn`t already full the sweet little branch of Ste. Foy sang ``Dieu soit avec toi jusqu`a au revoir`` and the speakers said so many kind things. And of course, I cried. After the meetings Soeur Rodhain scooped me up in a hug and made me promise to come back. I really hope it is much sooner rather than later. 

Now that this beautiful 18 month experience is nearly over, I can feel nothing but the deepest gratitude. Yes, there is a small twinge of sadness and even some longing to see what happens next in the CMM. But above all I feel gratitude. I know that this experience blessed my life above anyone else`s. I know that the Lord took a very broken heart and a somewhat less than contrite spirit and He made me shine again. He reminded me of my divine nature. He gave me so many amazing companions who taught me lessons about love, growth, patience, testing...and charity. He taught me how to love people that I don`t know just because they are a beloved spirit of His. He taught me that ``it`s not about me``. He taught me what it really means to endure to the end joyfully. He taught me that there is no such thing as a ``perfect plan`` unless it`s His. He taught me what the Atonement really means and that is does apply to everyone, including me. The list could go on for days but the point is I know that I have so much to be grateful for. And I know just as He has led and guided me for the past 18 months He will continue to be there for whatever lies ahead. 

Thank you for your love and support! What is a missionary without their fan club? Thank you for reading these silly letters every week. I know that I think I`m really funny, but I hope you laughed a little too. And more importantly I hope you felt something, and were reminded you that you are a child of God and He loves YOU!  I have no doubt about that.


Ready or not here I come:)

A la prochaine!

Soeur Perkins


No comments: