Monday, February 25, 2013

We felt like these masks on the walls in our apartment were a good representation of our personalities


My new desk. Scary how similar this color is to my bedroom color back home. This is such a darling apartment. We have no complaints other than the fact that the kitchen sink only has two temperatures. Volcano scalding hot and polar ice caps cold. 


This is Yuong, she is one of Sister Pace's recent converts. She is from Vietnam and has the most beautiful spirit. She makes me look HUGE! 

Mes parents Francais. Rodhain's are the greatest members! This is our "last supper" before we left Quebec. 


Hello!!!!

From what I've heard everyone is doing really great:) I'm also doing great and I'm really excited for the countless crazy stories that have already taken place. Oh my goodness, the stories. 

This week, like I said, was memorable. We knocked, and knocked, and knocked. It was pretty great! One of the days we went knocking (Wednesday?) The first door we knocked on was this cute little Asian man. And when I say little I mean little. I was easily a head taller. He started talking to us in an unidentifiable language and me, being the airhead I am, decide that he's just mumbling and this isn't a language at all. So, then I decide to try to speak to him in sign language only to realize that this poor man is indeed speaking another language and is not deaf. So, then we show him our tags. His little eyes got huge and then he ran into the backroom of his apartment. We just stood at the door. Then he came back with his residency card! We were dying. He thought we were the "bobbies" as Sister May put it. So, then we pull out a pamphlet and say "Jeeez-us". Then he smiled and took the pamphlet. He was cute. Then we knocked on another door. We did our little missionary thing and the girl at the door said, "I'm already a member." Whoops!. (funny sidenote: The Qubecoise use whoops when they've learned something new that is contrary to previous thoughts. Like 'Whoops! Nephi was a prophet.') Then the third door we knocked we were let in and invited to Bible Study. Sweet! We couldn't stop laughing. Pretty sure Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. 

Further proof being that yesterday the Branch President introduced me as "Sister Jenkins" then they did it again in relief society. Now Sister May thinks it's hi-larious to call me Sister Jenkins. So, I guess I'll just finish my mission as Sister Jenkins. Maybe I can get new tags? Speaking of which they all keep breaking. I think it's an omen of the end. Boo!

This week in personal study I read in 1 Nephi 17 about when the Lord commands Nephi to build a ship, his brothers are scoffing at him and everyone keeps telling him he can't do it. But Nephi kind of just blows them off, because he knows what the Lord has asked him to do. Nephi goes to the mountain to ask the Lord how he should make the tools he needs to build this boat. And the Lord gives him the answer. Then the Lord tells Nephi how they will receive nourishment and how they will essentially survive on the sea. "And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led.Yea, and the Lord said also that: After ye have arrived in the promised land, ye shall know that I, the Lord, am God; and that I, the Lord, did deliver you from destruction; yea, that I did bring you out of the land of Jerusalem" Later in the story we see that as the kept the commandments they were taken care of. Their nees were met, but once they rebelled life got pretty rough. This story is such a good example of how when we do things in the Lords way we have no need to fear. .I feel a lot like Nephi. Here we are in the uncharted land of Ste. Foy. We have been commanded to do something that seems impossible, but we haven't been discouraged. We know He is in charge and we know He keeps His promises. I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that as long as we are the Lord's side we really have no need to worry. Tout ira bien. 

I hope you have a beautiful, sunny, happy week! Read, pray, go to church! 

I love you!

Bisous Bisous!

Soeur Perkins

No comments: