Monday, August 20, 2012

 The break-up picture:)

He said he would wait for me. I'm considering it:)

 Baby Noella, Congrats Jaclyn & Cort and Abuelo y Abuela
What a cute little bundle, Miracles while I'm in the Mission!!

Hello everyone...including baby Noella!!!!!! 
Yay! New baby! So exciting! I hope everyone is happy and healthy. I'm happy and healthy and working up a storm here in Hochelaga. Crazy, crazy. But oh so good. This week has been weird and crazy and as always I feel like the Lord helped me grow in ways I didn't know were possible. 

Let's see on Wednesday we had Zone Conference and we were lucky enough to merge with the same zone as Sister Chadburn and Elder Leon. I was so excited to see them...I may have jumped up and down when I saw them. It was soooooo good. I felt like we were having a Alma the younger and sons of Mosiah moment. I just love them so much. Elder Leon is the best mission brother a Sista could ever ask for. And as for Sister C, oh man could anyone be more of my twin? I miss them both a lot, but it's always good to know that I still have family here in the CMM especially since the past few months I lost a lot of my family. It's not fair that people just up and leave us. Not cool. Zone Conference was good! President taught us about listening to the spirit and being sensitive to the needs of our investigators. It was a pretty epic training! 

On Wednesday evening I got a phone call from the bishop because he wanted me (just me) to give a talk in sacrament. This normally wouldn't feel like a crisis, but it did in this moment because I can't really speak French. So I prayed really hard that night. The next morning I started my talk and I was surprised to find that I could write it pretty easily. But once I finished it I wondered if maybe I just thought it sounded good, because I wrote it:) So I made my companion read it and correct it for me. She only had to correct a couple of grammatical errors, but for the most part she said it was good. Then Sunday came and I was soooooo nervous! I was actually trembling all through sacrament and then suddenly they said my name. And before I knew it I was sitting down again. From the feedback I got it was good. I'm telling you this not to brag about my fluency...still not fluent. But to tell you that the gift of tongues is REAL!  There is no other way that I would've been able to give a ten minute talk in French, but the Lord helped me. 

Thursday we had our infamous cours d'anglais. I love English class. It's pretty much my favorite time of the day on Thursdays. It's like a comedy every week. This week we were learning about words that sound similar. So we asked the class to tell us words that sounds similar and people kept saying things like "Feel and Feet". I guess they sound similar but whateves. The cool thing that happened from English class this week was that we actually found an investigator and her two daughters! We had a really cool lesson with them on Friday and they certainly felt the spirit! It was really cool. 

So, sometimes our investigators are confused as to why we are coming to visit them.....we learned that lesson again this week. Sister Sandoval and I found this investigator named Abdilal about two weeks ago. He's from Egypt and has only been living here in Canada for only about a month.We found out he was actually Muslim around our second visit and he swore up and down that he wasn't practicing.....but then he committed us to find out if Islam was the true religion. And we were like "HEY! Hold the phone!!! WE are the missionaries." So yesterday we decided it was time to "Frank" him (translation: figure out if he really wants to learn or not). Well, before we could even "Frank" him, he "Franked" us. Talk about taking the wind out of our sails. He was like, "If we're going to be friends we can't just talk about religion all of the time. Let's go somewhere." My companion and I looked at each other like "huh?" He saw the concern and said, "I thought we were friends." We tried to explain our purpose, but he wasn't buying it. Finally, we told him we can't be friends in the traditional sense, but we're friends in the gospel. He didn't like that either. He acted like we were breaking up. It was weird. And then we gave him our "facebook emails" and he was like, "Well I don't have time to look people up on Facebook. I'm too busy." So I said, "Whoa! You don't even have time for your friends." I couldn't resist. He was giving us so much grief for not being able to be friends but he couldn't even try to find us on facebook....okay so maybe I gave him a fake email anyway, but still. Okay, maybe I'm a little bitter that he kept taking the missionary role. That's MY role. 

This week I studied a lot about faith. Faith in general. Our faith. Developing faith. Preserving faith. Just faith. It was really neat and made me realize that faith isn't something we have and then never need to work on again, but it's daily, hourly, minute by minute. And it really made me yearn to be more faithful. To my friends, To my family. To my beliefs. But one quote that really hit me that I found by C.S. Lewis says, "Christianity if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." It's true right? This is either true or it's not. Which means we cannot be moderately dedicated, we have to be  completely dedicated. If you don't know if this is true, I would exhort you to try. Try it out. Either is true or not. But the only way to find out is through study and prayer. Try, try, try:)

I hope your week is amazing! I hope that you are healthy and happy! Remember that I love you! 

Love,
Sister Perkins

P.s. sorry this is scattered there are five million people around me talking really loud:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The yellow canary looks very awesome. It is really appreciable work whoever designed the above things. Everybody would like it.

Canary District