Sunday, June 26, 2011

Called

On Friday my family drove to Utah county with a big white envelope from the Church headquarters.
I was not nervous about the next 18 months of my life until I saw it.
I worried about a lot of things once it was in my hands like:
-what if I couldn't do this?
-what if I couldn't adapt to the culture/food/people?
-what if's
I even joked about driving to the church office in Salt Lake handing them my envelope and saying "Changed my mind."
But surrounded by the most important people to me (some via cell phone) I opened my mission call and read the following words:
"Dear Sister Perkins: You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint. You are assigned to labor in the Canada Montreal Mission. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language."
With those few words I became all sorts of emotion.
Mostly shock.
Then came joy.
Then absolute gratitude.

I can't possibly explain how but I already feel a love for those people in the Montreal.
I can think of no other explanation than that of the love of Christ which stems from His Gospel.
I am so grateful for the testimony I have of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the atonement is real. I know that Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son and that he restored the true and living gospel. I know that man will know no great joy than coming unto the Savior.

And that is what I plan to share with the people of Montreal.

xo

5 comments:

Curt and Ronda said...

Congratulaions on your mission call! What a fantastic place to go! You will be a wonderful missionary.

Kathy said...

Congrats. You will be a great missionary and I wish you much success as you serve the Lord. Our prayers will be with you.

lisey said...

you are going to be an AMAZING missionary girly! i love you.

Sandra Perkins said...

Sabrina it has been a few days since we found out where you where going,this has been something you wanted to do for a long time, and the Lord has prepared the way for you, as your mom, I have always admired your strength, and especially your sweet strong testimony,you will make and great missionary,what a special daughter you have been, love mom.
,

Chantel said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!! I did not know you were thinking about a mission! That is great!