Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I've got a perfect body, cause my eyelashes catch my sweat.

Have you ever cheated death?
I have.
Multiple times in the past few months.
I'm a cautious person.
But even cautious people are vulnerable.
Vulnerable to hurt, pain, sickness, and other objects.

But again, today, I cheated death. I'm not trying to be dramatic. Just grateful.
After the trauma of seeing my beloved towed away from me and crying way too many tears on someone's handsome peacoat, I sat on my bed folding laundry.
As strange as it seems that mundane task made me feel human again.
I felt like I was back inside my body and not living this strange out of body experience.

I sat there folding shirts and pairing socks listening to Pandora as if my day had gone as planned.
The song "Folding Chair" by Regina Spektor came on and I lost it.
Tears all over again.

How lucky I am to be alive.
How lucky I am to have the family I do.
How lucky I am to have the friends I do.
And how lucky I am to have a perfect body from a loving Heavenly Father.

xo

3 comments:

Sandra Perkins said...

And yes honey, we are blessed to have you,so blessed to have you, We love you and things will get better I promise you,remember one day at the time,Love you much Mom

LUKE AND MONICA said...

Sorry you've been having such a rough couple of months. It is so hard to have you going through all this without being near you. We are all here for you and we love you so much! This too shall pass and things will get better. Carlos will be home in five weeks and in (hopefully) less time then that you will have a new nephew. I love you sister!

jessica renae said...

i love you, sabrina :) and if you ever need to cry and there's no handsome peacoat close by, you know i'm always next door with a really great shoulder!