Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Research Modes


 Proposition/opposition pieces allow the write to write both views of what is usually a controversial issue. The first half is usually written for argument A and the second portion is usually to argue point B. In the conclusion the writer expresses what viewpoint they take. 

A descriptive piece should create a vivid image of a person, place or an idea. This form of writing relies more heavily on detail that draws on all of the senses. This enables the reader to tap into the writers sense. 

Click here for more modes of writing.

After talking with Chelsea, I decided I'll most likely write my research paper in the descriptive mode of writing

2 comments:

Jarom said...

I really enjoyed your post, proposition/opposition is a mode that I haven't really come across much while searching. I thought you described the mode very clearly and expanded on the points nicely. Great post.

Jaclyn said...

smeena i need your e-mail to put on my blog so you can reeeeeaaaaaaddddddd it. i bet you like that don't ya, hope you feel better. I heard that you had the pookie monster, so sad.