Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grammar: Thesaurus


A thesaurus is not a dinosaur. If it was it would be a pretty conceded dinosaur. THEsaurus. I think thesaurus usage is overlooked by most students especially in academic writing. I have found that writing with the use of a thesaurus has immensely affected my writing. I now find that I can't even write a paper without a thesaurus, because I'm constantly trying to think of ways to jazz up my papers. The simplest way to lure a reader is through interesting word choice.

If you're still convinced the thesaurus is a dinosaur click here.

1 comment:

l a u r e n said...

I agree with you. I think word choice really is important, especially in academic writing. I usually use a thesaurus when writing my rough drafts and ALWAYS use one when I'm writing my final copy. It helps so much!